O'Shannassy Aqueduct Trail - Don Road to Dee Rd - 5.3 km
This Section starts at Don Rd, Woori Yallock. A small
car park is adjacent to the access gate.
T'ravelling east, the Trail initially goes uphill, steeply, passing private properties - at
this point, it is underground pipe. At the top of the hill, the open channel aqueduct starts at a transfer
point - machinery once used for controlling water flow remains in situ.
The track then follows the open channel, reaching the Dee Rd access point, where it goes under
the Dee River and emerges as open channel at the picnic area and car park.
An old Management Hut remains standing, just before Dee Rd - the original Caretakers
Cottage 'was on the south side of the open channel.
Points of Interest
- Transfer station where pipe becomes open channel
- Crossing of Platts Creek
- Crossing of Frenchmans Creek
- Crossing of Kennedys Creek
- Crossing of McKechnies Creek
- Management Hut near Dee Rd
- Crosssing of Dee River
- Aqueduct goes under the Dee River, then emerges as open channel